profile

In this sophisticated world, one often finds oneself in a struggle with power, fame, money, attention and many other unnecessary entities of life. I seek to find a simple life, uncomplicated yet meaningful. A lot more important elements of life are waiting to be discovered. Live your life to the fullest.

archives

January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 June 2009 July 2009 October 2009

articulate






links

ah chuan
ah dan
angie
anna
aska
ayks
brice
cheng hao
christabelle
christine
clement
david
dawn
dexter
gen
guanwei
haiyin
huiyi
jasmine
jingsheng
jo
liptong
marie
minhui
steph
suyue
tingfang
tpl
trixie
verce
weeli
weiya
winsome
yanyi
yiru
zhiyang




Tuesday, June 12, 20078:12 pm
The Other Side of Me

The Other Side of Me

As promised, the photos are out. Just going to show a few here. Actually, the title should be The Other Side of Us, simply because there are two models. All right, two guys trying to act cool.

Here goes...

This picture was taken at the Malayan Railway.
$500 plus guitar(according to zy), nike singlet. esprit jeans, adidas shoes.



The focus is suppose to be the guitar, that's why I am blurred. This is art. You understand or not?



Green apple (going to appear many times, zy fav prop), vintage camera, stupid tie and shirt.



Zy's fetish for the day: Green Apple.



I was made to climb up a cliff. I sat on the stone waiting for the photographer clement to compose the scenario.

The position was not quite right. I stood up. They complained that my shirt is not suitable for this shoot. I took off my top. Zy kao pei my shoes. Ok, off they go. Even my jeans they wanna me to fold up. K I did as told. Lastly, my belt looks off. All right, fine. End result?



Disaster struck after the above shoot. A train was approaching and being on the higher ground, I quickly warned them.

Fear was the only thing on their mind, because our belonging were near the track.
Scrambled, they ran. Things were thrown to the side for safety. Unfortunately, some bags and shirts were "tarnished" by the long kang along the sides of the track.

Dejected we felt.
Demoralised we became.
But....

A backpacker got to do what a backpacker got to do.

Defeated? Not quite. We battled on.
The commando spirit resides in each of us. We pressed on.

Art is about making sacrifices.
To take good pictures, you got to pay for it.


Back to the pictures...



We switched to a new location: Pahang Street at Kampong Glam.

This was taken at zy's birth place, a deserted house.



I am thinking. Thinking really hard. Maybe too hard.



A nice composition of the wall, creeps and that guy with his guitar.



Watch out for the lightings. Cool right?



Through the narrow gap lies what? Me lo.



Pahang Street is also the place where clement stepped onto shit. Yes literally SHIT. And with my slippers! Spend some time trying to get the SHIT off the slippers. Not going to let him on the car if the smell is still there.

We drove to another lane: Haji Lane.

Inside on of the shops. I must say that the shops over there are quite unique. Each of them has their own design. Fascinating.



Look at the overall picture ok, not us.



There are some more pictures which I have not upload.

Try here.

You think you know more about the other side of me now?

TOP OF PAGE
This layout was made by Toomunch/Denise, Icon/Inspiration: mintyapple.eljay